CTA is looking for a highly motivated and result-oriented intern to support the ICT4Ag team.
The Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA) is a joint international institution of the African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) Group of States and the European Union (EU). Its mission is to advance food security, resilience and inclusive economic growth in Africa, the Caribbean and the Pacific through innovations in sustainable agriculture. CTA operates under the framework of the Cotonou Agreement and is funded by the EU.
CTA envisions agriculture in ACP countries as a vibrant, modern and sustainable business that creates value for smallholder farmers, entrepreneurs, youth and women, and produces affordable, nutritious and healthy food for all.
CTA has an opening for an intern within the Policies, Markets and ICTs (PMI) Programme. The successful candidate will support Youth Entrepreneurship and ICT for agriculture initiatives within the ICT4Ag team.
Duties & responsibilities
Under the guidance and supervision of the ICT4Ag team leader, the intern will assist in the following activities:
Support the implementation of activities relating to youth, entrepreneurship, ICTs and agriculture including the following projects:
- AgriHack Talent initiative which supports ICT innovations and entrepreneurship in Agriculture;
- The “Youth Economic Empowerment in Agribusiness in Kenya (VijaBiz) project;
- The Ideal Burkina project which enables delivery of digital services to young farmers and agripreneurs in Burkina Faso;
- Blockchain for agriculture;
- ICT-enabled mechanisation in Africa.
Animate CTA’s youth agripreneurship exchange platforms and other Dgroups:
- Management of the web 2.0 spaces of CTA’s youth focused Facebook Page, Twitter accounts and mailing lists;
- Support animation of other social media accounts such as twitter and Dgroups of Apps4Ag Database, ICT4Ag, UAV4Ag, etc.;
- Organisation of thematic e-debates as part of capacity building and networking mechanisms for young digital agripreneurs when required;
- Support the organisation of social reporting activities when required.
Contribute to knowledge capitalisation for all project implemented and fundraising:
- Collection, identification of results and impact elements on all activities implemented;
- Drafting articles and activity reports;
- Provision of inputs for the editing and productions of publications;
- Producing infographics, video animations, and other online communication materials.
Support other ICT for agriculture projects as requested by the Team leader
Qualifications, experience and skills required
- Recent graduate, between 21 and 29 years old (maximum).
- National of one of the ACP or EU States signatory to the Cotonou Agreement (79 African, Caribbean and Pacific States and the European Union Member States).
- University (or similar institution of higher education) degree in agriculture, information and communication or other discipline relevant to the duties to perform.
- Experience in online network animation and knowledge of key ICT4D issues.
- Skills and experience with the development of innovative communication tools such as animations, infographics, etc.
- Experience in project management is a plus.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English or French and satisfactory command of the other language.
- Keen interest in agricultural and rural development issues in developing countries is an advantage.
- Participation in CTA activities will give you an invaluable experience at international level.
- Internship stipend (€ 800 per month for holder of a Bachelor’s degree, € 1,000 per month for holder of a Master’s degree).
- Payment of travel costs when joining and leaving the Centre.
- Medical coverage for emergency cases of sickness and accident, for the duration of the internship.
How to apply
Interested candidates are required to send their application via email or mail to Christèle Coutureau, Human Resources Officer. Email address: email@example.com.
Please indicate in the ‘Subject’ of the email the title ‘Internship Youth, Entrepreneurship, and ICT4Ag’. Deadline for applications: 21 October 2018.
Applications should include:
- A letter of motivation (maximum one page) explaining why the candidate considers that he/she is in a position to contribute to CTA’s activities and what he/she expects to gain from the internship. The date of earliest availability should be specified as well;
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae, preferably in EUROPASS format, highlighting qualifications, experience and skills with regards to the position;
- A copy of the highest diploma/degree, as well as training certificates related to the position. Original documents are to be presented once a candidate is selected.
- Two letters of recommendation and/or references.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
CTA is an equal opportunity employer. Women are particularly encouraged to apply.