Gardens for Health International (GHI) has implemented a unique nutrition-sensitive agriculture program to combat childhood malnutrition in rural Rwanda.
The program has achieved exciting results and directly reaches over 3,000 families on an annual basis. Working in close partnership with Rwanda’s Ministry of Health and a number of grassroots and multinational organizations, GHI has also become a leading voice in national health and agriculture policy circles.
The Development Manager will manage our grant portfolio and will play a lead role in designing and executing fundraising efforts. Currently, funding portfolio is split between grants from private foundations and individual donors, with a significant opportunity to grow our funding base through in-country opportunities. The Development Manager will largely be responsible for driving the growth of our foundation portfolio and cultivating new in-country funding prospects. S/he will manage the prospecting, writing, and reporting processes and will work to identify ways to strengthen organizational development and fundraising efforts. The Development Manager will also coordinate donor visits and provide key support on external partnership opportunities. Finally, the Development Manager will work closely with the entire development and communications team to brainstorm creative ways to advocate for GHI's work with different audiences.
- Work with the Senior Leadership Team to design and execute a dynamic, comprehensive development strategy to grow GHI’s annual and multi-year revenue targets
- Contribute to overall Communications and Development strategy
- Stay abreast of trends, developments, and opportunities in fundraising, especially in the areas of health, nutrition, and agriculture internationally
- Manage grant writing and reporting processes
- Maintain an efficient system for proposal development
- Identify new grant, partnership, and funding opportunities
- Support the cultivation and stewardship of relationships with in-country funders, foundation partners, and major donors
- Create, organize, and manage fundraising campaigns and events
- Play a lead role in planning and preparing for development-related events and conferences
- Provide background and support for all major and prospective donor meetings
- Track development efforts
- Manage logistics and messaging to visitors and coordinate major donor visits
- Represent Gardens for Health to external stakeholders
- Work with Communications team to create appropriate fundraising materials
- Supervise the Communications Fellow in the creation and distribution of monthly e-newsletters and marketing materials
- Maintain consistent communication with all donors
- Identify opportunities to raise GHI’s profile and execute strategies to leverage such opportunities
- Manage the Princeton in Africa Fellow and Development and Communications Interns
- Work closely with Finance, Communications, Programs, and Operations teams
- Passion for Gardens for Health’s vision and values, with a commitment to serving the organization
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 1-2 years of relevant professional experience, preferably in a non-profit setting
- Established success in development or fundraising
- Exceptional written communication skills and ability to tailor written content to diverse constituencies including foundations, major donors, multilateral organizations, technical and policy experts, individual supporters, etc.
- Strong organizational skills and high level of attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to respond proactively to unstructured environments and to navigate challenging situations and relationships with creativity and diplomacy
- Experience operating in an international setting a plus
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
Send resume, cover letter, and a short writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org
Find the original job advert on the Devnet jobs website.