We are pleased to invite you to the 18th International Conference on Information Systems for Agriculture and Forestry (ISAF 2014) together with workshop Open Data for Agriculture, Forestry, Environment and Rural development and Open Data Hackathon which will take place on 15 – 17 September 2014 in Jelgava, Latvia.
• Open Data for Agriculture, Forestry and Rural development
• Precision farming and precision forestry issues
• Sensors technologies
• ICT for Agriculture Sustainability
• Land use, Land cover and rural planning
• Farming on Cloud
• Space technologies for Agriculture, Forestry and Rural Development
• Environmental risk management
• Innovation and transfer of technologies
• International cooperation
Please check our official website http://isaf2014.info/ for further information.
Call for papers - important Dates
• 31st July 2014 Submission of extended abstracts
• 10th August 2014 Notification of abstract acceptance
• 5th September 2014 Submission of complete paper
• 31st October 2014 Notification of acceptance for Agris On‐line
All accepted submissions will be published in the ISAF2014 Digital Proceedings. Selected papers will be published in the Agris On-line Papers in Economics and Informatics journal that is indexed by Scopus http://online.agris.cz. Papers must adhere to the formal and content requirements to be published in the journal. Papers accepted for the publication in the journal will be peer-reviewed.
The Club of Ossiach will be present from 15 to 17.9. 2014 at the XVIII. ISAF. Details you find under http://isaf2014.info/?page_id=106. Club of Ossiach, represented by Ajit Maru and Walter H. Mayer will have a networking session with the focus on projects that can be done with CoO partners within EIP – European Innovation Platform, ICT Agri projects and Horizon 2020 projects as well as you are invited to present also your project ideas. On 16.9. we will have networking of partners interested in participation or setting up projects.
Further within ISAF an Open Data HACKATHON http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hackathon will be done during three days and PROGIS will provide free of charge its GIS SDK – a development environment for database developers that are interested to integrate a spatial engine including data (Orthoimages) within their database, e.g. SQL, Access etc. – and invite developers to link their developments to it. If you are interrested, please send a short mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.