There is today a rapid migration of the rural poor to swelling urban centers in search of better job opportunities and improved livelihoods. A large part of these rural migrants succeeds in finding better life, but for many the hopes of a better future often turns into a nightmare of economic and social insecurity. Rural-urban linkages may have a positive impact on the rural poor connecting them to economic incomes and development opportunities. A rural transformation linked to pro poor inclusive growth and urban dynamics can thus be a critical component of sustainable development as a whole.
Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU) and Swedish International Agriculture Network Initiative (SIANI) are pleased to announce the Call for abstracts for the Agricultural Research for Development Agri4D 2017 Conference.
This is a two day event for researchers and professionals working with and/or interested in agriculture for development. MSc and PhD students, senior scientists, experts from social, political, soils, crops, natural resources and animal science, economy, forestry, horticulture, veterinary medicine etc. are encouraged to participate.
Date and Venue:
The conference is taking place on 20-21 September 2017 in Uppsala, Sweden.
Call for Abstract submission is open for:
- Presentations of results or ongoing activity in research.
- Presentation of networks, research groups or organizations.
- Land - under pressures or dynamic changes?
- Forests for Food Security – in the light of Equal Rights and Sustainable Resource Management
- Fish farming for food security, nutrition and poverty reduction
- Knowledge Based Bioeconomies -Tools for Agricultural Transformation and Rural Development
- Water in Transforming Landscapes
- Urban and peri-urban agriculture, livelihoods, and food and nutrition security in the Global South
- Poster session
Abstract submission instructions
- Abstracts should be based on one of the conference sessions above (for more information on each sub-session, read conference brochure)
- Limit your text to 300 words
- Font Times New Roman 12 points, single spacing
- Include a Title for your abstract
- Include authors and their affiliation.
- Include name of presenter and contact information
- Do not capitalize the letters in the title or authors, use sentence format.
- Avoid using bold letters unless necessary
- All abstracts should be submitted in English
- An author may submit up to two abstracts for two different sessions
- The notification of acceptance/rejection of the abstracts submitted will be sent to you via e-mail by May 26, 2017
- Submit your abstract at the link below not later than April 30th, 2017. Please note that the first time you will have to register as "new submitter" to be able to submit your abstract.
Picture credit: Swedish International Agriculture Network Initiative